Problem accessing DFS subfolders

User cannot access \\corp.company.com\dfs\company\subfolder. Subfolder is missing, however user can access \\corp.company.com\dfs\home\%username% which has offlinefiles enabled.

When I loggon with my admin account I get access denied when trying to access \\corp.company.com\dfs\company.

It works from other computers however, so the problem is isolated to this specific client.

I found this solution: www.sirkit.ca/wiki/2012/11/windows-domain-dfs-namespace-access-is-denied-using-domain-fqdn-access-allowed-using-server-unc-paths-directly

1.  Disable offline files
Control Panel -> Sync Center -> Manage Offline Files -> Disable Offline Files

2. Clear the offline file cache
This sets a temporary registry entry which is read on start-up and runs the cache wipe.
Elevated Command Prompt
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Csc\Parameters /v FormatDatabase /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

3. Reboot
You must reboot to successfully wipe the offline file cache

4. Test DFS path
\\corp.company.com\dfs\company\subfolder

5. Re-enable Offline Files
Control Panel -> Sync Center -> Manage Offline Files -> Enable Offline Files -> Reboot

Outlook 2013 keeps prompting for password

After changing your active directory user password Outlook 2013 keeps prompting for password. Doesn’t matter if you enable remember my credentials option.

You need to delete your saved credentials in Credential Manager.

Open Credential Manager in Control Panel. Click on Windows Credentials. Under Generic Credentials you should have MS.Outlook.15:your@emailadress.com. Delete MS.Outlook.15:your@emailadress.com.

Open Outlook. Use your active directory user account and enable remember my credentials option.

For more information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2762344

Troubleshooting account lockout issue

I had a problem when an Active Directory user account got locked out all the time.

I tried the following tools:
Account Lockout and Management Tools
NetWrix Account Lockout Examiner

I found out that when I unlocked the user account the bad password attempts started again and after 20 retries the account got locked out. I guessed that there must be a script or task some where on the network that used the user account and after a password change this caused the problem.

In LockoutStatus.exe (Account Lockout and Management Tools) I could see from what domain controller the lock originated from. I logged on to the domain controller and checked the security logs in the event viewer. I found the event ID 4740, that explained that user account was locked out and I also found out the caller computer name.

After a quick check on the caller computer I located the problem and solved it by adding the new password for the account.

Problem installaing .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8

When I tried to install .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) from “control panel/programs and features/turn windows features on or off” I got the following error code 0x800F081F.
The solution was to install .Net 3.5 via DIM:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:d:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

D: = DVD drive/USB drive or ISO.